Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been way down since the HG install. Could the winter blend cause a 100 mile loss a tank? Seems extreme.

I have no signs of a leak. The oil doesnt smell of fuel. I havent seen any spots in the driveway or anything.

The fuel filers are 8K old and are getting replaced this weekend.

Thoughts?

·
Was PSD0389
2,601 Posts
I dunno but I have noticed the same issue with mine after the HGs were done, I was assuming it was cause of winter blend

·
Spartan, True Performance
120 Posts
It's the winter fuel. I usually get anywhere between 13.5-14.4 with my 4.10 rear-end. Getting about 11 now. Happens every winter with my truck...

·
<<< just like that......
810 Posts
IDK, I've noticed it also and we do not have a winter blend fuel. I went from a solid 24-26 mpg to 19-21. No change in driving habits, fuel and oil changed every 3k like it is a religious practice. All I know is it sucks. This just started happening within the last month or so. If you find an answer, post up please.

·
Madd Dogg Diesel
745 Posts
i see it to, i think it is part the winter blen and part more idle time for warm up and so on, at least mine idles more in the winter

·
Registered
495 Posts
Chocolate Melting Cake...:drool:

·
Registered
987 Posts
IDK, I've noticed it also and we do not have a winter blend fuel. I went from a solid 24-26 mpg to 19-21. No change in driving habits, fuel and oil changed every 3k like it is a religious practice. All I know is it sucks. This just started happening within the last month or so. If you find an answer, post up please.
No info for the 6.4 guys yet but my 7.3 that nomally averages 22 on my daily drives is getting 17-18 now. Blah.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts