Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 01 F350 7.3 dually 2wd. I was getting 13 to 14 pulling my trailer now I get 8. Had the injectors checked and was told there are bad. So I replaced the injectors with swamps .025 over size injectors. My mileage is still the same! I've had a couple diesel mechanics look at and can't find anything wrong. They suggest its the over size injectors! I've called a couple of the performance web sites and they don't think it's the injectors. I have no codes,
I have a after market air filter system. Anybody else have any issues like this or any ideas? Thanks.

·
Here for the party....
787 Posts
Who's tuning??

What are .25 over injectors?? Split shots or singles??? Boost leaks, uppipes, etc??

·
1,084 Posts
It might be something external to the injection.

As temperatures get cooler MPG always drops. The denser air causes higher air resistance.

Check your brakes. Some of these Super Duty trucks tend to have on-and-off brake drag, particularly on the rears. Trailer brakes are prone to this as well.

Also check your intercooler lines for leakage.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The injectors are single shots 175/146 25cc bigger than stock. I found 1 boost leak and fixed it. I appreciate the help!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts