Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looked under my truck last week and found the 2 fuel lines on the drivers side of the frame rail are leaking right after the quick connect coupling..traced the 2 lines up the front of the motor and found that one goes into the regulator on the fuel bowl and the other goes into the lift pump. The line is starting to rot through which is why it is leaking so it needs to be replaced...is this hard to do? I saw that it went behind all the engine pulleys and looks like it could be a pain..anyone have any experience with this? Thanks!

·
Busted Knuckles
2,456 Posts
It is a pain but not impossible. The worst part is fishing everything back up through the front of the motor. It's not an impossible job though. Best of luck to ya!

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
greattt haha sounds like its going to be fun, what holds the line against the face of the engine? and do you have to remove anything other then the fuel bowl to get them out?

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
if your plaining on an electric fuel system down the line, just run 3/8 push lock and get rid of the factory stuff that way you wont have to mess with pulling all the acc stuff off the drivers dide to fish the hard lines in.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
im not really looking to put in electric fuel, im probablly going to be selling the truck by the summer to get a supperduty..maybe... so im just trying to keep it on the road for now.

·
Registered
295 Posts
PM me when you sell, my stepbrother just got a government accounting job and has our tax dollars to burn LOL

·
Terminator Nation
5,119 Posts
Use pushlock hose and route the hoses out through the back of the engine, loop over the brake booster and drop them down to the frame. Use large nylon wire ties to fasten them to the frame wiring bundle. Clamp the hoses to the tubing at a convenient point forward of the axle. About the easiest way to do it.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i will see how hard it, is i would like to do it the OEM way because i dont want to look like a hack but if if it turns out to be that much of a pain i might have to..

·
Registered
157 Posts
There's a bolt holding the fuel line just above the engine ground wire on the driver side of the engine.

Fishing the old lines out and installing the new lines is a lot easier with the A/C compressor/power steering moutning bracket out of the way. You can unbolt the A/C Compressor and tie it up out of the way and then remove the bolts for the bracket to move it out of the way. There's no need to remove the vacuum pump or power steering pump.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i just did the lines Thursday night and it was soo much fun! ...not really it sucked and the quick connect fitting were crudded up so bad that i had to cut them off and bench clamp then to get them loose not to mention all the lines to undo to get the fuel lines out....hope i don't have to do it again!

·
Fixing Broken Stuff
2,078 Posts
The lines also go behind the oil cooler, it is easier if you remove the cooler.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts