Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I could use your help with this one. I need to find a good place that has a replacement fuel level sending unit at a good price online. And need some help on how to install it. I have replaced a few gas Fuel sending units in a few small pickups but I was told that the Diesel pumps are different and I have never installed one. I have a fuel level sending unit problem in my 07 f250 it reads one second then after driving a little while it goes to E then turns on the check engine light. If you guys can help I would greatly appreciate it. I have looked online to see what it would take to Drop the tank but I think I am looking in the wrong places as I have not found anything on this. Thanks again ahead of time

·
"resident smarty pants"
4,321 Posts
Does the level ever return to full (or to reading correctly)?

I raised the bed on the end near the cab. I left the rear cab-bolts in - but loosened them up quite a bit (needs 1/2" of play). I then raised the bed w/ a floor jack using a piece of a 4x4 as an extension. After raising the bed, I put some wood between the bed and the frame to anchor it.

The hardest part is getting the sending unit flange unscrewed without damaging it.

Harpoon it while you are in there:
Powerstroke Fuel Tank Modification
Harpoon The Tank? - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

·
"resident smarty pants"
4,321 Posts

·
Administrator
32,965 Posts
I dropped the tank when I did my Titan midship install
I don't think it's that bad if the tank is low on fuel ,,but My truck is lifted

·