Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys my truck is leaking fuel into the valley. I replaced the lines from the bowl to the lift pump when that didn't fix it I looked into the fuel bowl and seen some corrosion in the bottom so I replaced that and the amount of fuel I was leaking went down but didn't stop. so my question is if I need to replace my lift pump should I go with a California version since my truck is a California version or should I get just a regular lift pump and what would the advantages be of going with the normal one rather then the California version

·
whistle tits
3,498 Posts
better fuel pressure, you need e fuel if you go to bigger injectors (and a good tune for that matter), they usually out last the mechanical fuel pumps too in my experiences. there is a weep hole like on a water pump that can leak on the fuel pump, and i have also seen the copper washers at the big banjo bolt leak too...

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
fuel (and oil) in the valley will run to the back, there is a drain hole on the right rear of the valley. best thing to do is take the spider off, clean and dry everything in the valley. it will be much easier to find the leak.

E-fuel will give a broader torque curve as well. i noticed improved starts as well.

·
Registered
16 Posts
All the kits that I've looked at online are very expensive. You can make a DIY e-fuel for a lot less. I've seen a few different posts where people share how they did theirs. Eventually I would like to go this route as well.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
my DIY ran at least as much as a kit. to do it without crap compression fittings and hose clamps does add up.

another leak source to check is the vibralok rubber in the fittings, and the banjo washers

1 - 12 of 12 Posts