Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, this is my first post and this is also my first powerstroke. Have had other diesels though. My question is, I have a fuel leak.I have a 96 f250 with 92000 on the clock. It is comming(I think) right beside the fuel filter. I think this is the fuel heater but I'm not sure. It is dripping off this thing but not sure if that is where the leak is comming from. Is this a common place for leaks on the 7.3? My repair shop quoted my around 300 if the spring is good. Any help would be greatly apricieated!

·
Registered
15,561 Posts
might wanna have this moved since this is posted in the super duty section.

the fuel heater is located inside the fuel bowl which also houses the fuel filter, any way you can get a picture of where the leak is at?

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, my computer is down right now and the wife has the laptop on a business trip. Trying to get the pic up using my phone and it isn't working for me. Will post a pic tomorrow when my wife gets back with my laptop.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The metal block that is on the right of the fuel filter, it looks like it is brass or anodized or something(is this the pump) and to the right of this is a small round metal piece. This is where the fuel is dripping from. Please forgive the vauge description, still learning this engine, and the haynes book I bought for it is not helping much with anything. Anyone know where I could get the service books for this truck?

·
Registered
133 Posts
i had a fuel leak off the right side of my fuel bowl. it was a fuel pressure sensor or somethin like that that was leakin the fuel. $60 later and i was good to go

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hey thanks man! i have been trying to figure this out all day and have not gotten anywhere. do you know where i can get a repair book that is more detailed than the haynes(only one i can find) i have atm?

·
Registered
133 Posts
yep thats exactly where mine was leaking from. they didnt have the part at any of the local part stores so i had to buy mine from the local ford place so it was a little pricey

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
how easy is it to install a new one myself? i have a decent mechanical knowlege and have access to any tools needed. i have looked around and a new one is anywhere from 79 bucks on up to 300. are there any difference in brands? also, is there an upgrade oppertunity here? i'm new to the powerstroke and don't know all the ins and outs yet. any help(the help so far has been GREAT!) would be awsome!

·
Registered
229 Posts
i had a leak there to. your truck doesn't need it to run. so you can get a new one, I know scheid diesel has an o-ring kit for the entire fuel filter housing for 14 and some change, or you can pull it out and get a 1/4" plug and plug it which is what i did with mine. there are alot of threads on here about fuel leaks on the obs. i know ive had 3 leaks and this is the only place i have been about to find answers. good luck

1 - 13 of 13 Posts