Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dad's truck (2000 7.3) has a fuel leak on the passenger side rear of engine. Replaced hard line to back of head (had a hole worn in it), still leaks. Removed check valve and re-taped it and new o-ring on hard line. Leak slowed but still there. I used Ford parts for this and am wondering if there is something different or I am missing, these seals seemed kinda hard. It also only seems to leak when the truck is running and hot, can run fuel pump by itself and no leak. I'm at my whit's end please help!

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
Sometimes if you overtighten the line, you crush the sleeves too much and they leak. They are a pain. You can use a piece of fuel line, sliced off to the right length in a pinch.

·
Registered
262 Posts
There are several o-rings all over the fuel bowl. There are also, I think, 3 lines running to the fuel bowl that have compression sleeves at their connection points. I just did all these a couple months ago. You need to pull the fuel bowl though, to get to all the o-rings. The compression fittings on the lines going to the fuel bowl may be accessible with the bowl in place, but much easier with the bowl out.

I got all the parts from dieselorings.com The o-rings and compression fittings came with excellent instructions on how to remove the fuel bowl and replace all the necessary o-rings and compression sleeves.

Good luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts