Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys so i have created some posts about my truck the latest being a project of replacing the top seals on my injectors. After looking further at my truck the problem I planned to solve by replacing the seals i am confident wouldn't be fixed. about four months ago I purchased a 2005 F-250 6.0 with close to 170000 miles. the truck seems to run great with the exception of an exhaust leak in one of the up pipes and a slight rough start when its very cold but does not last long there seems to be plenty of power no bucking or jerking and no smoke. However, i started to notice that the total miles per tank of fuel have decreased, my MPG is still great. Further investigation has revealed a good amount of is leaking from somewhere. I have heard that it could be o-rings around the fuel pressure regulator or possibly a hole in the fuel lines somewhere. i have the parts for an oil and fuel filter change just haven't done it yet. I am in a holding pattern for driving it for fear of making the issue bigger and causing more damage. if anyone can help please shed some light i hate stressing over my baby.

·
Fixing Broken Stuff
2,078 Posts
You should proof read your post before you submit it. What is leaking from where?
I don't think your problem is O-ring around the fuel pressure regulator.
Your rough start is most likely a injector(s) with a stiction problem.
The leaky up pipe is going to effect boost.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
with all do respect and without being a jerk the title of the thread is fuel leak .... but I do apologize "Further investigation has revealed a good amount of *Fuel* is leaking from somewhere." I have been in a deep discussion on my other thread about the issue. I just recently replaced the entire fuel pressure regulator with the upgraded blue spring. Knock on wood this seemed to be the issue. When I first changed it and began driving my truck seemed to go into "limp mode" and wouldn't go over 2000 rpm. after pulling off the road and turning the truck off and then cycling the fuel pump a couple times I have come to realize when I replaced the regulator it allowed a good amount of air in the system, and wasn't properly taken care of before I began driving. I thank you for all your insight on this issue.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts