Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Hood Rich
2,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not often do I bitch about fuel prices, but this is just ******** rediculous.... It was $3.89 3 days ago, than it was $4.15 this morning when I filled, and now its $4.25....

####ing a

·
Registered
346 Posts
Not often do I bitch about fuel prices, but this is just ******** rediculous.... It was $3.89 3 days ago, than it was $4.15 this morning when I filled, and now its $4.25....

####ing a
Same thing here. The station in town is usually more expensive, but there prices always turn out to be about a week ahead of all the mainstream stations. #2 was like $3.90 just a day or two ago, $4.15 tonight. Gas is still $3.49 there, while in the city its $3.34.

Just glad i'm driving a gasser right now.

·
young buck learning.
431 Posts
1993 GMC 1500! that was my fix to the fuel prices. cost me $800 and runs like a champ.

·
biostroke1
217 Posts
$4.19 at one place and $3.89 a couple of blocks down the road? I need to get fuel tomorrow, probably after church, hopefully I can find it for under $4 somewhere.

·
Administrator
8,847 Posts
wow!! diesel has gone done from $3.69 on monday to $3.52 as of yesterday afternoon here in central Jersey

·
Registered
539 Posts
Sucks, but it's still the cheapest in the world pretty much...

·
FNG
6,018 Posts
Gas went down 10 cents here. Diesel jumped up 14 cents over the last week:doh:

·
Registered
346 Posts

Gas was $3.47 Saturday. Diesel was around $3.99. This is what i got today. I decided that as soon as my trans is done my truck is staying parked until it snows. It'll suck having $4k+ of go fast goodies just sitting, but i can't afford the cost of diesel to drive back and forth to school everday.

·
I love you bigrpowr!
1,181 Posts
You guys live in the wrong part of the US. I filled up yesterday for $3.46 per gallon. The diesel was $3.57 and if you use an HEB (large Texas grocery store) gift card, it drops the price $00.11. I also believe Walmart is still doing the $00.10 discount if you use one of their gift cards.

I can find it all day long for $3.69-$3.79 per gallon.

·
Daily Stroker
1,680 Posts
Went from 3.89 to 3.99 overnight here.

·
Registered
26 Posts
$4.87 a U.S Gallon here in Alberta! $1.279 a liter.

·
Exploding the magma
581 Posts
Crude made a big jump this week on the Greek and Italian debt news...but it has already fallen back 3 bucks...hopefully it will fall a bit more.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
My dad lives in Houston, and is always sending me text messages about how inexpensive diesel is there compared to here. He avoids fueling up in California if he can when he brings the coach over.

I have a little problem with people hoping the price of crude will drop. That very number is my livelyhood. I work in the drilling industry of California, and if that crude price isnt up, Im scrambling for work. Luckily Im in a position to where I dont have to look very hard anymore, but the rat race still sucks. What happended last time crude dropped to $28 dollars a bbl? The economy went right down the tubes with it. Its like I tell my buddies who bitch. I dont mind paying $10 a gallon, because I can afford it. Its when it drops to $1 a gallon, is when I start sweating. These oil companies are making really good money, no doubt. But I see what it costs to drill, produce, and maintain, and its not cheap at all. We just drilled a 11k foot hole for the gas company here in So Cal, and it cost over $11 million dollars, for ONE well.

You should really be pissed at the sierra club and all the hippies who wont let us drill off the coast of California. Two years ago PXP offered the state of California 10 billion dollars to just get permission to drill. Then asked to just PRODUCE for ten years, then they would have the platform completely abandoned and tore out in 20 years. REJECTED.

If they werent so worried about the ozone layer eating away, and burning up our flesh, we wouldnt have to smog our trucks, they wouldnt cost us well over 60k to buy, and the oil companies wouldnt have to spend money to make us ULTRA LOW SULFER diesel.

BTW, I just paid $4.38 last week for diesel.

·
Registered
205 Posts

Gas was $3.47 Saturday. Diesel was around $3.99. This is what i got today. I decided that as soon as my trans is done my truck is staying parked until it snows. It'll suck having $4k+ of go fast goodies just sitting, but i can't afford the cost of diesel to drive back and forth to school everday.
Thats f' in outrageous I thought it was bad here diesel went to 4.05 last night but a dollar more than gas is stupid, time to buy a neon:doh:

·
Exploding the magma
581 Posts
I have a little problem with people hoping the price of crude will drop. That very number is my livelyhood. I work in the drilling industry of California, and if that crude price isnt up, Im scrambling for work. Luckily Im in a position to where I dont have to look very hard anymore, but the rat race still sucks. What happended last time crude dropped to $28 dollars a bbl? The economy went right down the tubes with it. Its like I tell my buddies who bitch. I dont mind paying $10 a gallon, because I can afford it. Its when it drops to $1 a gallon, is when I start sweating. These oil companies are making really good money, no doubt. But I see what it costs to drill, produce, and maintain, and its not cheap at all. We just drilled a 11k foot hole for the gas company here in So Cal, and it cost over $11 million dollars, for ONE well.
I totally get what your are saying man, my apologies if I offended you in anyway. I am sure you bust your hump plenty for a paycheck just like the rest of us.

There is a whole slew of people that are mucking up the fun for the rest of us, The Fed and its loose as a goose monetary policy, lawyers (well cause you can anyways blame them) with environmental class action suits, EPA, tree huggers etc etc. But I am digressing....of all those variables the only thing that will change in the short term is demand and with things so volatile lately it could be $100 this week, $80 the next and $120 a bucket the week after...who knows.:doh:

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
No offense taken, I jumped up on the soap box for a minute.

Our NON AAA rating doesnt help either. I agree with DAVE and the link he posted.

When my wife started spending more than I was making, I cut her off quick. Thats what needs to happen with our government. We need to stop borrowing money just to give it away. I feel like we are paying our VISA with a MasterCard. tsk tsk.

Yea fuel is getting high, but unless you want to drive a Fiat, or walk, you might as well pay.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts