Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My truck is running really bad, checked the underhood fuel gauge and when truck shuts off the gauge drops to 0 within 10 seconds. I pulled the return line and plugged it. Fuel pressure still drops but much slower. I have the regulated return setup with new stage 2 injectors. Truck has also been sitting for a year. I smelled a little diesel after driving it for a while but dont see any under the truck. i tried cycling the key a few times to look for leak and cant find anything.

·
Registered
671 Posts
check your coolant overflow, if it smells like diesel you have an oring or injector cup problem.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Funny thing is i noticed a crack in my overflow tank today. I just had the injectors replaced at a shop.

Could the check valve in the fuel pump be bad from sitting for 8mo?

·
Registered
671 Posts
What pump are you running? To check the overflow get truck up to temp and watch the crack in the overflow and see if it starts to leak or you can hear pressure escaping.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i hear pressure when its hot, sounds like a leaking tire. figured it was just frome the coolant being hot. My iinjectors were put in 2 days ago.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Yo more than likely have a bad cup. Pull the cap on the degas and see if it smells like fuel.

·
Registered
671 Posts
How is your coolant level so far. Is it staying at level or is it dropping

1 - 10 of 10 Posts