Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I am taking a trip from northern IL to west Michigan. getting my boat back from my lake house... ready fishing season! i checked the oil and it seemed okay for the trip but I saw a greenish color in it... like diesel fuel. I have DPF delete w/ RCD 450hp tune is normal..? do you guys notice this too....? I am going to put my amsoil bypass filter on it next oil change

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i have had the DPF on their since december but now am thinking did i change the oil B4 or after I installed the DPF delete...? jesus tap dancin christ

·
IM OUT!!!
4,548 Posts
im hoping it was just a green reflection in the oil? i cant see why fuel would be in th oil.
the oil will get black pretty quick, i dont see any reason to fret as far as the dpf delete

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
diesel is a greenish color here i dunno if its differnt around u guys down south and out west..but here in the midwest its greenish

·
IM OUT!!!
4,548 Posts
it wouldnt turn it green but it would most likely seperate itself from the oil which would be very easy to notice...like water in your fuel.

·
Fierro Racing
1,509 Posts
get a piece of cardboard and take the dip stick out let some (3-4) drops next to each other, of oil run off the end of the stick and watch for sepration.

if there is oil you notice the fuel spread out from around the oil. but the oil will stay balled up were it was put. ...

but remember when you do this after some time the oil will soak into the cardboard.. so dont let it sit for 10 mins it will tell you nothing.

hope that helps

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yea, am sure the last oil change i did to it was b4 i did the DPF delete. but i jus never seen a greenish color to the oil b4

·
<--Under the Knife Again
1,400 Posts
Smell the oil if u smell diesel in it or if the oil is thinned out prepare to do fuel rails. Ford told me its a common problem. Constantly check ur oil ur better of a little low then higher. I always check my oil for fuel after they told me that. only good news from that is if u got the money elites HPF rails.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i did the oil change myself and I know during regen it will get fuel in the oil just by its nature of the DPF system so am not to worried it doesn't seem to run weird or anything. i did those DPF on tunes for like a week or so b4 the DPF pipe came in maybe its from then you think..?

·
<--Under the Knife Again
1,400 Posts
When mine went into regen i never got fuel in the oil. That sounds like a problem to me unless that was something i never caught but i checked oil every morning kinda a habit. Hopefully everything works out ok.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i think it should, I am not even sure it is diesel fuel in the oil it just looked greenish thats all. I know the regen system will dilute the oil with fuel

·
Registered
7 Posts
...so did the tune installed after the DPF delete pipe eliminate the 5th injection shot? All of you couyons molesting these trucks are really playing with a wompus-cat once you start dickin around. Fuel past the rings happens because of the fifth injection shot in the exhaust stroke. Simply removing the DPF without changing factory tunes does not get rid of all of the regen parameters. Also long idle periods are not good for diesel engines without idle advance sufficient enough to add some boost to air. No-turbine spinning-fuel is rich-combustion is inefficient- I would venture to guess that the same ego deficient couyons that need to hot-rod these trucks also like to the leave the "big diesel" idling for everyone to hear.

·
IM OUT!!!
4,548 Posts
...so did the tune installed after the DPF delete pipe eliminate the 5th injection shot? All of you couyons molesting these trucks are really playing with a wompus-cat once you start dickin around. Fuel past the rings happens because of the fifth injection shot in the exhaust stroke. Simply removing the DPF without changing factory tunes does not get rid of all of the regen parameters. Also long idle periods are not good for diesel engines without idle advance sufficient enough to add some boost to air. No-turbine spinning-fuel is rich-combustion is inefficient- I would venture to guess that the same ego deficient couyons that need to hot-rod these trucks also like to the leave the "big diesel" idling for everyone to hear.

there is no need for your over seas euro french BS here my friend!
if you want to act like your mother or mine, then take that sh!t somewhere else! if you are not willing to give some insite to a problem, whether you like the question or not, then just dont say anything...its as simple as that

rant and de-rail over!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts