Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got in my truck today and noticed the fuel gauge said empty and on the dash readout, it said "--- MILES TO E"... Yes, it had diesel about a half a tank, when I parked it. So I drove to the gas station to fill up, and I could only put 12 gallons in. So I know it has fuel. Looked at a fuse to the instrument cluster, it was good. Started the engine again, and now it shows "0 MILES TO E". I found on the Dashdaq that I can read Fuel Level, so I looked at it and it reads out 99.99% Fuel Level. So it sounds to me like the sensor is working, but the guage aint indicating. Anybody else have this issue? Thanks.

·
GOT WOOD!!!!
648 Posts
i had a similar thing happen to me. I had my truck idle for abit and after driving it i noticed it said 80Km till empty but the fuel gauges was like half so i kept driving and when i got down to 0km i drove on that for abit then it just reset and went back to what i should of had in the first place. Not sure if this really helps you or not.....

·
WWDD
10,531 Posts
best way to tell is to keep monitoring the fuel level with the dash daq, if it drops like normal then you know its the instrument cluster. Where you go from there :shrug: i have no idea. If your over 36k its probably out of waranty

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yep pretty sure warrenty wouldnt cover it, its at 42k right now. I also have a 40gal transfer flow tank. Tonight, I'm going to try to see if a wire may be shorted out where they wired it in.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I found this, looks like there might be a TSB on the issue. I dont know anything about TSB's, do they expire? This one is dated 06/2007 and the build date of my truck is 02/2008...so I wouldnt think this one applies to my truck...

Here is what I found:

Engine: FUEL SYSTEM, OTHER:STORAGE:FUEL GAUGE SYSTEM
Service Bulletin Number: 19786
NHTSA Number: 10022911
Model Years Affected: 2008
Date of Bulletin: 10/2007
Bulletin Summary: DISTANCE TO EMPTY (DTE) AND FUEL GAUGE SERVICE TIP.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bump....

Anybody have any idea? Ive been filling up every 200 miles, Id feel like a kid in a candy store if I get to go 400+ miles again. LOL

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
TSB won't be covered if you aren't under warranty, already tried that with my scratched windows. Although maybe you have a good dealer.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Damn, I was thinkin they lasted longer than that. Im pretty sure I got them to replace my rad. under warrenty at 37,000 miles. Rad. not covered in the engine warrenty is it?

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
they may have replaced it because you would have been claiming engine warranty down the road if you just let it leak coolant because you didn't replace it.

My best advice would be to give the service department a call and see what they say. Every dealer is different.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts