Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
were does the needle on your fuel gauge go when the truck is turned off? for some reason im thinking E. my dilema is my tuck was about down to half tank next time i jumped in it was at full no one drove the truck but me. there was one chance someone could have dumped some crap in but 15 gallons worth? could it be hte needle is just stuck or sending unit stuck?

·
Ridin Dirty Motorsports
608 Posts
mine goes to E when then ignition is not on. mine does that also if i park it on a hill. when that happens i'll go get fuel it will go to F and be fine. now if I fill up and leave the truck running the needle won't even move and it will take forever to go to full. now idk why it does this. anyone else know?

·
peterbilt'in
1,188 Posts
sometimes the fuel gauge is stoupid.

ive filled my truck from the low fuel light, to full... like it was level with the fill cap (fuel not foam) and my light was on for about a hour... shut the truck off 2 times in between then all of a sudden Boom... Full.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No my problem is the gauge stays on full i have gone 250 miles it hasnt come off full. could the sending unit float be stuck?

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
Sure can. Did you do a hard WOT run from a dead stop when you were under a 1/4 tank. It can make the float bounce around and hang up on the top of the tank. Fill the tank and grab a hunk of 2X4, smack on the tank, don't beat on it. It will usually bounce the float loose.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts