Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Left out in truck yesterday, low of fuel, low fuel light on, but had just come on on way home day before. Get to my parents a few miles away. Keys get locked in truck by my 5 yo; so my buddy slim jims it open. Now, on the way home I realize oh yeah, I need fuel", look down, and gauge is a little over 1/4 tank,(scratches head) trip computer says 25 miles to empty, confused now? So today I put 8 gallons of fuel in, with key off. Crank truck, gauge looks to be in about same place, trip computer still says a little over 1/4 tank, pointer is about 1/8-3/16 inch above the 1/4 mark. I come home, and disconnect batteries, same results. Now by my calculations, 8 gallons is close to what the gauge is registering, but the trip computer not reseting makes me wonder? Anyone else had this problem?

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
When You parked at your parents house, did you park on a hill with the nose up. If so, you guage will read high when you start your truck. It takes five to ten miles to get to a correct reading.

You can always put more fuel in and see if the needle moves. If not, take a hunk of 2X4 and beat on the fuel tank. Make sure there are no nails in the 2X4.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When You parked at your parents house, did you park on a hill with the nose up. If so, you guage will read high when you start your truck. It takes five to ten miles to get to a correct reading.

You can always put more fuel in and see if the needle moves. If not, take a hunk of 2X4 and beat on the fuel tank. Make sure there are no nails in the 2X4.
Nope, truck was level.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts