Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So recently Ive noticed that my fuel gauge kinda gives up at 1/4 tank. either that or its optimistic until 1/4 tank.

reads fine and moves as always for the first 3/4, then foes from 1/4 to empty in less than 30 miles. Is there any reason why it would be doing this? is this happening to anyone else?

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Is the tank empty ?...my rear tank reads empty when only 13 gallons are gone....It has done this since it was new.

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
So recently Ive noticed that my fuel gauge kinda gives up at 1/4 tank. either that or its optimistic until 1/4 tank.

reads fine and moves as always for the first 3/4, then foes from 1/4 to empty in less than 30 miles. Is there any reason why it would be doing this? is this happening to anyone else?
Mine has been doing the same since I got it. Then $15 of fuel gets it back over 1/4 tank again from the light being on. I plan to clean the sending unit when I do the hutch mod

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok, it used to move pretty steady, about 90 miles per quarter tank. (if i drove like an old lady) now it moves about 110 miles per quarter except for the last quarter. and when I fill it up, it is in fact about empty.

Years ago, I could get 50 miles highway from the time the low fuel light came on. a few months ago I tried to stretch it to work and the truck was starting to sputter as I arrived at work. (not good, I know) the light had just come on and in about 15 miles I was out of fuel!!!

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
Yea like I said I just plan to clean my sending unit or replace it when I do hutch and harpoon if it is too bad to clean and see if that fixes it.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah, probably the best bet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts