Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Underfunded
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to the semi-truck shop picked up a better fuel filter/water separator/fuel heater its a Racor #445RP30, with 1/2" ports.
Have the Bio-diesel line, getting the AEM fuel regulator tomorrow.
Im still looking for a pump(s) though. Was going with the SD style ones, but unsure of it now.
What are the requirements as far as fuel pump flow and pressure?
Does anyone know what the SD style pumps flow or their PSI?
Appreciate it.

·
Underfunded
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Done more research, the popular Fuel lab pump #41401-1 that ITP sells is capable of producing 105gph @ 45psi then at 95gph @ 70psi but ITP sells them "de-tuned" for 70gph @ 70psi.
So if Ill be running the reg. at 60psi should I only expect my pump be able to hold 60psi at say 80gph?
Ive noticed some pumps can hold 250 gph however only at 6psi...
However the Aeromotive Marine pump model can do 800gph @ 45psi w/ max pressure of 95psi...
I am now very confused, since my degree isnt in fluid mechanics...

·
Bigfoot is an OBS
3,462 Posts
Done more research, the popular Fuel lab pump #41401-1 that ITP sells is capable of producing 105gph @ 45psi then at 95gph @ 70psi but ITP sells them "de-tuned" for 70gph @ 70psi.
So if Ill be running the reg. at 60psi should I only expect my pump be able to hold 60psi at say 80gph?
Ive noticed some pumps can hold 250 gph however only at 6psi...
However the Aeromotive Marine pump model can do 800gph @ 45psi w/ max pressure of 95psi...
I am now very confused, since my degree isnt in fluid mechanics...
Pumps make fluids move. The moving action is called flow.
The pressure is a result of the fluid enountering an obstruction or some resistance.
Obviously, when there is more resistance, the amount getting through decreases. That, in a very simple nutshell, is why as pressure goes up, flow goes down (for a given pump & system).

The pumps rated at 250gph at 6psi are for carborated vehicles.

·
Underfunded
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thx cowboy, the pretty girl at the autoparts store schooled me in the same fashion, lol.
Im going with 2 SD pumps since the availability of bigger better pumps is low, and so are my funds, hopefully I'll switch over to fuel lab mid-july.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts