Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I'm working on my fuel system today. Are these rubber seals something I can get from Ford?

When I tighten the brass fitting should the hard line be able to move in and out?

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Or if there is something better I should use besides the stock stuff I'd like to know. I'm replacing the mechanical pump with an electric one.

·
Demon Dually
5,140 Posts
If you are going to convert over to electric fuel then you could do a search for e-fuel or electric fuel and you will get many threads on the subject. There are alteast three threads on the subject in the last two pages.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Been there done that. No one talkes about replacing the rubber seals or if the hard line can move in and out after tightening.

·
Demon Dually
5,140 Posts
I was referring to your wanting to convert over to e-fuel and what components are used to do that. As far as those rubber pieces on you hard lines they are called vibralock fittings and can be purchased through the dealer or preferrably dieselorings.com. I do not believe the metal lines should move back and forth much if at all. There will be minor play as that is how the design works but they shouldn't move freely.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks. That's what I needed to know.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts