Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone made a fitting for thr back side of the head ( where the o-ring plug is) to put a fuel fitting in the Back of the head insead if the 1/8 pipe one on on the top side, to go to an6 I what to get ride of the 1/8 one and run bigger lines.

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
and the price ?

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
Well, if you have to ask, then you can't afford it!!

J/K, they are very reasonable. Contact Daivd, you need to order them anyway.

·
Registered
391 Posts
The way i did mine was take the factory plug mill a hole in the center of it and cut the end off of a -6an fitting and had it tig welded to the factory plug worked out great and i still have no trouble.

Bryan

·
Registered
467 Posts
has anyone made a fitting for thr back side of the head ( where the o-ring plug is) to put a fuel fitting in the Back of the head insead if the 1/8 pipe one on on the top side, to go to an6 I what to get ride of the 1/8 one and run bigger lines.
I went to Parker hose Co
They can hook you up.They arent all that expensive...
If I rember it was 1/8 Pipe to 6an fitting.
Thats what I sis them tan 3/8 SS lines to Y.

·
OEM Moderator
9,381 Posts
I went to Parker hose Co
They can hook you up.They arent all that expensive...
If I rember it was 1/8 Pipe to 6an fitting.
Thats what I sis them tan 3/8 SS lines to Y.
I think they are talking about the O-ringed plug not the NPT fittings.

·
What else?
4,156 Posts
I have Dave's fittings, they worked out very well.

Dave

·
Busy Busy
9,004 Posts
David how about some pictures from each end to view the inside?

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
dose it clear the DP and up pipe good?

·
Got Bost???
1,577 Posts
The way i did mine was take the factory plug mill a hole in the center of it and cut the end off of a -6an fitting and had it tig welded to the factory plug worked out great and i still have no trouble.

Bryan
Thats what I did. They wont work without beating the fire wall back if you HAVE a body lift though, found that out the hard way:doh:

·
Registered
391 Posts
The set that i had made worked out just fine with firewall clearance that even with a -6an 90 degree fitting.

Bryan

·
Demon Dually
5,140 Posts
Thats what I did. They wont work without beating the fire wall back if you HAVE a body lift though, found that out the hard way:doh:
Ok that confused me. Are you saying they won't fit if you have a body lift or are you saying without a body lift you have to beat the firewall back? What is the thread type for the rail plug in the back of the head? Is it o-ring boss or NPT or????? This sounds like it would be easier to get to for me than to fight the up pipes, especially the driver side as it looks real tight to the fitting.

·
Got Bost???
1,577 Posts
Ok that confused me. Are you saying they won't fit if you have a body lift or are you saying without a body lift you have to beat the firewall back? What is the thread type for the rail plug in the back of the head? Is it o-ring boss or NPT or????? This sounds like it would be easier to get to for me than to fight the up pipes, especially the driver side as it looks real tight to the fitting.
Sorry about the confusion. I am saying they did not fit on my truck that had a 3" body lift on it. I took it out and masaged the fire wall a bit and made it fit.

The threads are a straight thread of some sort and is not o ring boss. There is a flat flange with an o ring in it that gets squished against the head.

·
Busy Busy
9,004 Posts
Gotcha, so its smallest ID is 3/8".

Nice, what do you use to connect to the feed lines? 90* fittings? On a SuperDuty do you have to modify the firewall.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Gotcha, so its smallest ID is 3/8".

Nice, what do you use to connect to the feed lines? 90* fittings? On a SuperDuty do you have to modify the firewall.
I used 90 degree -6 ends from xrp to stainless braided 3/8 worked great, I don't think my Ex is any different than a SD?

1 - 20 of 47 Posts