Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i changed my fuel filter on the motor and now my fuel economy has droped a lot. i usuall get right around 100 miles per 1/4 tank and i only got 66 this time after filter change. just wondering what would cause this. also have a rough idle that goes away with throttle that has been there for a while. changed oil and fuel filter and is still there. thanks for and help alex

·
Registered
686 Posts
My truck is REAL picky with fuel.... Did you get fuel somewhere different? Did your regular strore go from winter to summer blend yet? I dunno, just throwing it out there?
I'm lucky with my truck, I can fill up anywhere and she's good to go.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
same place but might have gone to summer fuel. that is what i was thinking with air in the fuel rails. would a cps going out make it idle rough?

·
Registered
329 Posts
Not in my experience, I had a UVCH go out, and it was intermittent (either both banks fired or one dropped off) but when both of my CPS's dropped I was in a ditch swapping them out! wouldn't think it was that.

MNStroker, wouldnt the air be out after 1/4 tank? I dunno just asking?

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
uvch would be my guess.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Not in my experience, I had a UVCH go out, and it was intermittent (either both banks fired or one dropped off) but when both of my CPS's dropped I was in a ditch swapping them out! wouldn't think it was that.

MNStroker, wouldnt the air be out after 1/4 tank? I dunno just asking?
I would think so, I beat the snot out of it and it seems to help.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Strange, I have never had this issue when changing a fuel filter. Starts and nuns good every time. I always fill the bowl with seafoam or powers service before installing the lid though.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Strange, I have never had this issue when changing a fuel filter. Starts and nuns good every time. I always fill the bowl with seafoam or powers service before installing the lid though.
an important step in that process!! great point

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.