Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
HP Junky
4,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else here that has changed their own fuel filters want to find the ford engineer that designed the system and kick him in his nutz? Man that frame rail filter is a pain :doh:

·
Still learning
577 Posts
the one on the frame in a 6.0 aint too nice to you either

·
GOT WOOD!!!!
648 Posts
It is a pain but if you get lots of extentions it is not too bad, i found not sure if this will help you out???

·
Diesel Sled Head
1,101 Posts
yep and be sure to cycle the key AT LEAST 5 times for 20 seconds each to prime the system. Its not like a 6 leaker

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
Anyone else here that has changed their own fuel filters want to find the ford engineer that designed the system and kick him in his nutz? Man that frame rail filter is a pain :doh:
Did you change it or some guy named after a forest animal?

·
Registered
24 Posts
:mad::mad::mad:LOL Yea definitely not fun to change.

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
Look you guys own Ford's there engineering department are filled with retards.

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
Jeeze, hate to see the quality of Dodge's engineering department....
Ya there busy working on a new cain for there tailgates. And there working hard to move the air conditioning right out next to the motor.

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
Touché Douché
I also heard they are going to put a rice steamer on top of the valve cover for nourishment. That way we have something to offer to all the Ford guys hungry on the side of the road.

·
Registered
2,579 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
I changed the fuel filters on mine a few days ago. I some jb weld to build a diversion dam on the inside of the frame rail. It stops the diesel from running all the way down the frame and makes the fuel drip right from the end of the dam. Worked like a charm. The first time I changed the filters on the truck I could have killed the engineer that designed that system. Give the jb weld trick a try. You won't be sorry.

cwh

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Open the drain for the water seperator and letting it run while you change the filter on the engine. By the time you get to the frame rail it is pretty dry and not much leakage.

·
Still learning
577 Posts
:doh: why didnt i think of that

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
gettin ready to do mine here when i get time. dont look that bad but ive heard its a major PITA. whats so hard just all the fuel runnin out?

·
Was PSD0389
2,601 Posts
yeah that design for the frame filter really blows. I dunno what they were thinking to make that such a pain in the ass

Open the drain for the water seperator and letting it run while you change the filter on the engine. By the time you get to the frame rail it is pretty dry and not much leakage.
:whs: You wont get any fuel on you that way

1 - 20 of 24 Posts