Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· IM OUT!!!
4,548 Posts
there isnt really...just make sure you make room by clearing the wires as much as you can and wear some safety glasses so you dont get dirt, or what not, in your eye.

· Was PSD0389
2,598 Posts
Yeah its basically just a pain in the ass, like said above just hold the wires back and I put the filter in first and then screw the cap on instead of trying to put it all in at once

· <--Under the Knife Again
1,400 Posts
I use a 3/4 drive ratchet and extension with a 1 7/16 socket and i have no problem. the socket is a little loose but im thinkin 1 3/8 will fit direct. the stealership says every 20k. thats wat i do.

· GOT WOOD!!!!
648 Posts
I use a 3/4 drive ratchet and extension with a 1 7/16 socket and i have no problem. the socket is a little loose but im thinkin 1 3/8 will fit direct. the stealership says every 20k. thats wat i do.
X2 this is the best way to do it!!! I do both of mine every oil change. I put on around 60,000KM a year though!

· PSN Insomniac
561 Posts
I used a really long extension and the socket. The extension came out behind the T-case and it wasnt bad at all. But that was before the airdog.

· Diesel fanatic
591 Posts
I just did mine at 6500 miles to install the new updated filter. Hopefully the new one wont let any water get past & keep from destroying the HPFP.
On the bottom filter I losened all the wires I could & zip tied them up out of the way. All in all it wasnt a bad job at all. Cycled the key about a dozen times & she fired right up & purred like a kitten. No hiccups.

· OrthoPro
72 Posts
I changed mine on my "05 so I dont know how much the difference is on the newer 6.4 but pretty much what everone else has said holds true. I used the 36mm with no extension and it was actually pretty simple, not easy but simple. Your arms get tired even on a creeper so dont think its a 10 minute change unless your a pro.

· Diesel fanatic
591 Posts
I changed mine on my "05 so I dont know how much the difference is on the newer 6.4 but pretty much what everone else has said holds true. I used the 36mm with no extension and it was actually pretty simple, not easy but simple. Your arms get tired even on a creeper so dont think its a 10 minute change unless your a pro.
My old 6.0L was easier than the 6.4L. Not as much wiring in the way on the 6.0L on the primary filter.

· PSN Insomniac
561 Posts
I try to do mine every oil change, its pretty easy I can't wait to get my airdog I'm tired of spending so much on them
Youll love the airdog.

· GOT WOOD!!!!
648 Posts
What is an Airdog and how does it work???

· PSN Insomniac
561 Posts
Its a replacement for the low pressure fuel pump. Very good system and it has 2 filters that are very easy to change. Its basically a FASS but a little different.

· GOT WOOD!!!!
648 Posts
Its a replacement for the low pressure fuel pump. Very good system and it has 2 filters that are very easy to change. Its basically a FASS but a little different.
Oh ok thanks man!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.