Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just changed my fuel filter, installed me a Puralator filter with a new lid... I did it like the last one I changed, I unscrewed the lid...and to my surprise - the bowl was only about 1/4-1/2 way full...

Now the last time I swapped the filter - the fuel bowl was completely full. I have a good sized fuel leak but I thought I knew where it was coming from...I just don't know what to do now...

Any ideas?

·
Offical Puddle Displacer
2,339 Posts
was it that full with the filter out of it? thats about normal when you push the filter in is comes up to the top

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it was at half when the filter was out, but the level didnt rise up when i was slipping the new filter in....

·
Offical Puddle Displacer
2,339 Posts
well the new filter is dry its going to soak most of the fuel up. if your really worried, go unscrew it and see how full it is. if its around the same you should be fine

·
Demon Dually
5,140 Posts
Run the truck for a few minutes then shut it off and check the bowl. Then wait a couple hours and without running the truck again check the bowl again. If it is staying full then you are fine. If it is low right after running it then your pump is weak. If it is full after running it and low a few hours later then you have a leak in the valley somewhere.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Speed, I know I have a fuel leak in the valley, I believe its the plug (large bolt) on the rear of the pump(i think) which is located just below the turbo pedestal.

·
Demon Dually
5,140 Posts
Ah yes the infamous banjo bolt leak.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah? What's the fix, what size is that bolt? I leak alot though, is that known for that?

Fills the valley, leaks down the downpipe side.

·
Demon Dually
5,140 Posts
There are two metal crush washers that go in there. One between the bolt and the Y and one between the Y and the pump. Look in the library section for the parts list and you can get the part number for them. You will need a 1-1/4" angled boxed end wrench to do the job and a lot of patience.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts