Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all hope everyone had a happy Easter.
Now on to the matter at hand. I am in desperate need of some help, advise, input, what ever it takes.....PLEASE. I have a 2000 F250 7.3. Here is the skinny. 2 weeks ago I had a fuel leak at the fuel/water separator valve so I decided to do a little TLC and replace the valve, fuel filter, and serpentine belt. So removed leaking valve then removed fuel filter. Fuel filter hadn't been replaced in awhile and was fairly difficult to remove. After removal, filter housing was pretty dirty so I removed fuel heater element and proceeded to clean housing with a brush and brake clean. After a pretty thorough cleaning there was a slight dirt grove where the outer o-ring on the filter was so I took a piece of emery cloth and sanded it clean. Put everything back together. Started right up. I did forget to cycle ignition 3 or 4 times but like I said it idled fine. After I inspected old serpentine belt to make sure it was tracking properly about 15 minutes I shut the truck off. I replaced the belt and started truck back up. Still idled fine no smoke no ruff idle and now no sequel from the belt. Shut truck down after about an hour when to take truck to store for road test. Truck started fine, idled fine, but now when throttle is pushed it falls flat on its face and smokes real bad. It will idle and smoke a little but starts to lope at 1,000 rpms and smokes bad and won't go over 1200 rpms. So I end up purchasing a filter housing rebuild kit and a new FPR valve from Dieselorings.com. Rebuilt everything and still the same problem. I installed a schrader valve on the back drivers side of the filter housing. My fuel pressure is 73 and drops to 71 and when I press the throttle is drops to 70. It doesn't have any codes. Any help will be greatly appreciated.....Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
E99 F250 superduty 2wd
9 Posts
First thing i would do is check all of the wiring that was in that area you was working in. Right there where the fuel bowl is a couple of very important sensors that have evrything to do with making the truck run. 1.IPR, its located right side under the fuel bowl. 2. ICP, is located is on driver side head directly behind the alternator. Check your plugs. If there is oil in/on ICP plug, clean it, reinstall it, run truck. If you have oil in/on plug, you need to replace ICP.
It cant be a fuel problem, You said you getting 70psi or better. You also said that you replace/rebuilt the fuel filter housing.
Also look in the valley of the motor and see if you see oil or diesel in the valley. That could lead to the problem you;re having or others you will have.
Update this feed to see what you find.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I pulled the connector off the ICP, connector is dry (no oil), started truck and check engine light came on. Plugged back in light went out. Did the same with map censer. Same happened. Checked connector on IPR looked good, cleaned and reconnected. I did not try to star truck with IPR disconnected. No oil or fuel in valley.

·
Registered
E99 F250 superduty 2wd
9 Posts
Check all your fuses under the steering wheel and under the hood on driver side. its possible you blew a fuse. look at fuse 45. also do your gauges work?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts