Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been searching for a new filler neck for my 01 ex and have finally decided to modify/repair the existing. When I purchased it, the old man I bought it from had previously taken his pocket knife/breaking bar/reciprocating saw to the filler neck to widen it in order to pump fuel at stations with big nozzles and well, he left a hell of a mess of a filler neck that I have to be ashamed of every time I fuel up. I called Ford, searched online forums, searched online stores and this is what I have found:

1. Everyone wants a high price for a little part. (Stores) Ford says 500d
2. Everyone wants to save money if it's not too hard.... hahaha
3. #### was easy to modify.

removed it from the truck cause I see knuckle heads (no disrespect exactly to those who qualify) posting about modifying while attached to truck. took 5 min. Man up, donn glasses, keep mouth closed, I got a head lamp... then remove 2 hose clamps at the rear driver side leaf spring.... simple. used extensions for my drill with flat head. remove cap, remove 3 7mm screws at the fill neck. Under the truck I twisted the large tube out first, Back and forth, rotated neck downward and twisted vent tube out. Proved to be a little challenging but repeat the words, man up bit*& and it will come out. Don't worry about all of the dirt and debris falling on your face cause you have your mouth closed and eyes protected. Rotary tool from Harbor freight chinese bs supply store and cut out and widened all restrictions. Get some. Done. Total job, an hour if you drink a little beer while getting work done, or hey, push ups. Bamm

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wouldn't a hole saw do the same thing?
Probably... I was just working with what was left over though so not in my case. Wouldnt risk getting anything down the tube and that's why I took it off and did it the way I described.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts