Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just started to run my First tank of Husky/Mowhak Premium Diesel. Even before i have droped 1/4 tank i have already noticed a significant increase in fuel econ. Decided i would switch over and give it a test for a few tanks. Acording to their website you are suppost to see a 2-5% increase in fuel econ. Also says no need to run a additive as it is not suppost to be as dry as ulsd. guess ill see at the end of this tank how much it actually has increased. Its not any more expencive as any other diesel

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Still seem to be getting way more fuel econ... Even after a night of balls to the floor to get the GF to hospital after her watter broke

·
Registered
338 Posts
Ewh, I always threatened to make the wife ride in the bed of the truck or sit on a blue tarp to prevent that "water" from getting in the cab. Usually you don't get back out to the truck for a day or two and buy then that "water" may do some bad things to your truck.

No longer an issue.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ahhh wasent to bad i was able to take a towel and soak it all up later that night... No ill after effects..hehe

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well for a so called snake oil im liking the bennifits im seeing... So far i have gained a few points in fuel millage, truck is running smother and actually seems to accelerate better...

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Dave, don't you think diesel with a little higher cetane rating would burn a little more efficiently?

·
1,097 Posts
Higher cetane makes a diesel easier to start in any weather.

Higher cetane allows you to run higher RPM because it burns faster.

Higher cetane would make you run less advance. In fact,it is like propane in that too much advance with high cetane would bend rods.

I don't see any way higher cetane improves MPG.

What I'd want to see from a high-MPG fuel is:
Higher heating value
Lower viscosity so it could be run through smaller nozzles.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts