Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a icon 8in lift. I plan to run 38 15.50 or a 13.50 wide tire on a 12in wide wheel. I know fuel econ and big tires and lift do NOT go togather! But is there someone that has a 6.0 with 38 tires that could give me some feedback on the benifits and downfalls. And the quartermile with a sct race tune with the 38's.

·
Attention Whore
5,183 Posts
if you run 38's without regearing then, well....poor fuel economy and a slow truck are all you're gonna be left with.

·
Damnkids Motorsports
2,260 Posts
My buddy (I think he's on here, but can't remember his username) runs an 06 crew cab with a 6" lift and 37's. He runs an SCT X-cal 2 with custom tunes with Innovative extreme race, and Innovative mild tuned FICM. He ran a 14.4 back to back at Lebanon Valley in NY. He gets around 13 mpg, running stock 3.73's

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I belive i have 3:73 now what gears would be ideal? My truck is on dirt more than blacktop and this winter in one night we got 34.4in of snow... You dont think ill benifit and all? I just wana see some numbers and the quartermile dif and seat of the pants dif...

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Say if i run a 20x12 wheel i wonder what the diff will be between a 37 13.50 and a 38 15.50 in mild off road and winter performance vs speed, mpg

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
The truth about snow is the skinner the tire the better lifting it and putting wider tires will only be worse.

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Say if i run a 20x12 wheel i wonder what the diff will be between a 37 13.50 and a 38 15.50 in mild off road and winter performance vs speed, mpg
The truth about snow is the skinner the tire the better lifting it and putting wider tires will only be worse.
I understand that thats why i run 235 65 16 tires on my plow truck... More than likely the 13.50 is gona be better in the snow than the 15.50 but i just wana knowif anyone knows how much is all these diff....

·
Registered
386 Posts
I know my truck got around in the snow and ice alot better on the 285's I had on it before than the 315's I have now

·
Damnkids Motorsports
2,260 Posts
Wide tires and wheels don't mix with snow driving. If you plan on running these all year round, I'd stick with a 37x12.50xwhatever at most.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts