Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
<---new toy
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have changed my fuel filters 3 times and, I can't get the fuel to drain out of the top fuel bowl. I do know about the valve on the bottom. everytime I change, I drain it. I mean is the bowl defective? when you pull the filter up is it suppose to drain? anybody know?

·
Diesel fanatic
591 Posts
I have changed my fuel filters 3 times and, I can't get the fuel to drain out of the top fuel bowl. I do know about the valve on the bottom. everytime I change, I drain it. I mean is the bowl defective? when you pull the filter up is it suppose to drain? anybody know?
The only way the top fuel filter housing will drain is if the lever on the HFCM is open & the cap is off the top filter housing.

·
<---new toy
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The only way the top fuel filter housing will drain is if the lever on the HFCM is open & the cap is off the top filter housing.
Mine will not drain with both filters out and both lids off. with the valve open?? I am planning a dealer trip monday for a couple of things that aren't motor related, cause I don't want to tear it down just for trim on seat, arm rest, and the drain issue. Thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts