Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a 93 F350 5 spd. from a local farmer. It has 130,000 original miles on it. The guy just used it every once in a while as a feed/work truck.

The truck got hard to start, so he rarely used it at all. He would use starting fluid when he needed to use the truck and it would run fine.

He did tell me he replaced all the injectors about 2 years ago.

So anyway, I test drove the truck. Runs like a new one still. Lots of power. Purrs like a kitten. I buy it hoping to figure out the starting issue.

If this truck sits more than 15 minutes after reaching operating temp it wont start without a shot of starting fluid

I have replaced the glow plugs, had my buddy test the GPC with his volt meter. All showed good. So tonight i unscrewed the injector line completely from the front driver side injector to see if fuel would squirt out. I had my old lady crank and crank and no fuel came out at all. I assumed the diesel would have went everywhere with an injector line loose????

This truck has a mechanical fuel pump and i cracked the line loose on it and again had the old lady crank it over. It squirted diesel out,but not too much.

Is it possible that the fuel pump doesnt supply enough fuel to start, but when i use starting fluid and get it going it has enough to maintain? Like i said the truck runs perfect when i give it a shot of fluid.

Any suggestions??

·
ihc diesel
184 Posts
i say where its sat so long that its got gunk built up in the lines or maybe the pump is needin a rebuild kit. i saw one for 60 dollars just a few weeks ago and it had all the ring to go with it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts