Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
< pissed off pumkin.
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a thought, I have a trans cooler off a Lincoln MKX here. Thing uses about 7/16 to 1/2 lines, wonder if it wouldnt be a bad cooler to run on the suction side of things, between the pick up n prefilter ? I got most of the lines with it, so hookng it up shouldnt be a big deal. I never heard of anyone runnning a cooler before the pumps.

Dan

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
Usually you run a fuel cooler on the return line, that is where the fuel needs tobe cooled and will do the most good.

·
< pissed off pumkin.
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, that kinda where i,m headed. Just need to get a few more things for it. I got a nice cooler for the return line side though. Like I said it was just a thought on puting one in the feed side. THis thing would work nice under the cab, its about 7 inches wide and 20 long about a inch thick. I,ll just add it to the pile I have stashed away, gotta have about 6 or 8 now, LOL.

Dan

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
Well if you have a fuel bowl you may want to disable the heater. Might save a few degrees there.

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
Mount it upfront in the grill. Run it off the return loop. PErsonally I would loose the bowl all together if you are already running a RR and add in you own filteration on the feed side.

·
Custom Trailer Sales
6,161 Posts
I will be doing what Tarm said, and using a 14 row superduty trans cooler as my fuel cooler.

·
< pissed off pumkin.
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I got my old trans cooler for the return side, also have a few ranger coolers too, a couple plate coolers, LOL. I just collect them, LOL.

Dan

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
I will be doing what Tarm said, and using a 14 row superduty trans cooler as my fuel cooler.
same here

now this will be my first winter with the cooler, have you had any problems with it?

·
Custom Trailer Sales
6,161 Posts
same here

now this will be my first winter with the cooler, have you had any problems with it?
I'm still running my stock fuel system. Right now I'm just gathering parts and pieces to put it all together when it warms up in the spring.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts