Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My truck keeps pushing the gasket out from under the lid. I've been through 8 filters in the last year, 3 in the past week alone. And when it goes it's not just
a leak its more like water facuet spraying everywhere.

Anyone have any idea what the prob may be?

Ive tried every brand filter and always put the gasket on properly.
And yes i know the fuel bowl delete would fix it but i still wanna find out whats causing it.... thx for yr input.....

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
New lid.

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
You aren't using filters with square gaskets, are you. Try a WIX filter. And also lube the gasket with a bit of oil before putting it on.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If the fpr mod is the bb thing, i did a long time ago but took it out after a day or two.......

I had a nappa filter with a square gasket, it lasted 4 days.. Wix filters, same thing....

Today i got a Fram

·
Peon
727 Posts
The gasket between the bowl and the lid should be triangular in cross-section--see if your filter came with one of those (all the ones I've bought came with new gaskets) and try it.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The one i got today was in deed trianglur.....
point side toward the lid...........

Ive only gotten one with a square gasket and that was from nappa....

·
Registered
911 Posts
the one with the angle cut are the only ones i have ever seen. I have never had a problem

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
Have you lubed up the gasket before install? Have you checked the base to see if there are any rough places? Are you overtightening the lid and defeating the gasket (it will squeeze out if you overtighten it).

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well it happend again today............

OMG im getting frustrated...........

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Dammit, now I broke the threads off the FPR housing...........

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
DI has the FPR billet replacement.

·
Registered
81 Posts
The first time I changed my filter I had diesel spraying like a water fountain. That was with a new filter and gasket with the old lid. No matter how many times I took it off and put it back on I got the same ####ty result. When I got the fram one, it worked fine, I didnt even have to tighten it as much as the leaky one.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts