Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a leak underneath the fuel bowl. I replaced the o-rings on the drain valve thinking that might be my problem. All the actual fuel lines are dry so what other spots are common for the fuel bowl to leak. I'm losing a lot of fuel, it makes a 12" spot on the ground every time I stop and I don't think I have to worry about anything rusting underneath my truck. Thanks

·
Registered
492 Posts
check fuel line comming in and out of the fuel bowl, i had the return one go bad on me, lost almost a whole tank of diesel. i just left the truck runing and then just started poking around.

·
Caution! May Blow Smoke
270 Posts
Did you replace all 3 orings on the drain valve? Mine has leaked at the upper plug also, you have 2 plugs that have orings and as said you have the fuel lines. Wipe it off good and start it up and watch you may see it since its that bad.

·
Custom Trailer Sales
6,161 Posts
Check for anything out of place inside the bowl. Also check for visible leaks with the truck running.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I can't see any place that it is coming from but if i reach underneath the bowl my finger comes back wet. How about the heating element is there a place that the element wires come through? If the bowl is cracked where can I find a replacement?

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
ask around people that do a fb delete have sitn in the corner

·
Registered
278 Posts
pm me if u need a fuel bowl. i have one that has no leaks and is in good condition.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts