Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just replaced my fuel filter today, and the heating element "wire" is detached from the circular plate. Can I resolder it back on? The local Ford dealer wants $68 bucks! Thanks!

Paul

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Go to your local auto parts place (or wherever else you like) and get a Dorman 904-210. It is the same style as the Superduty unit and does not have the constant problems ours do. It is supposed to fit without having to modify the fuel bowl (like the factory SD unit does). If you want the same style you have now, try Tousley Ford Parts online. Cheers!

·
Premium Member
15,561 Posts
You dont need it, I'm up in lapeer and my truck ran and started fine couple years back when it was below 0......as long as it was plugged in. Started fine all the way down to 15* without being plugged in.

·
ate lug
172 Posts
Go to your local auto parts place (or wherever else you like) and get a Dorman 904-210. It is the same style as the Superduty unit and does not have the constant problems ours do. It is supposed to fit without having to modify the fuel bowl (like the factory SD unit does).
This is true, i just put one in my truck about 6 weeks ago, and it fit like it was meant to be in there.

·
I be strokin'
243 Posts
Just unplug it. You wont need it unless your in sub zero temps. everyone Ive really talked to about it say to just unplug it.

·
Registered
402 Posts
I learned the hard way to just unplug it. Popped the fuse and had me on the side of the highway.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts