Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking where the location of the fuel bowl heater fuse is on my 96 f250. Changed the fuel filt the other day and notices the heating element was not intact anymore. Now today went out to start it and all it does is crank. I have read that if that fuse blows your vehicle will not start.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Rooster,

Check fuse 22 in the fuse fox that is under the hood. Had this happen to me the first year I had my 97 cclb. Make sure to disconnect the fuel bowl heater first..

Cj

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok thanks. I'll double check but I think they were all good. Any other suggestions? All I'm getting is cranking right now. The heating elements doesn't have to be installed after the fuse is replaced does it? Plan on running it without until I get a new one

·
College Student
214 Posts
Just unplug it from the filter housing and leave it be. No need to get a new element. With the quality of fuel at the pumps and that it is usually pre mixed, you won't really have to worry about it gelling up. Just replace the fuse and start driving. Mine broke and I pulled it two years ago and haven't had a problem.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Rooster,

Wouldn't hurt to check fuses 8 and 9 in that same fuse box. You can also check the PCM relay and IDM relays.

Cj

·
Registered
841 Posts
You can also go back to fuse 17.. This is the fuse that protects the key switch.

Cj

·
Administrator
8,670 Posts
as said, eliminate the fuel heater and tape off the wire. then abandon it.
the heater is not needed unless you are in arctic regions. .

·
Registered
6,004 Posts
If you don't disconnect the heater wire from the outside of the filter housing you may have the problem again

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts