Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
PSN local
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone! Ok so my problem is my heater element in bowl broke tonight when I rebuilding my fuel bowl! Not happy! My question is do you think it is ok to get an after market element from like an auto parts store or should I go back with oem? I'm kinda in a bind because it its my daily driver and it is cold outside and I don't want the fuel to gel thanks!

·
Registered
5,959 Posts
If your fuel is going to gel it is going to do it in the tanks and lines up to the engine and not just in the filter housing. If you want to replace it then the one from the auto parts stores will work if you don't want to go with the oem one.

I would guess that there are thousands of OBS trucks running around with out the heater in a lot colder places than Oklahoma.

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
I'd pull out the broken part (thinking wire) and unhook from outside the bowl at the plug in and tape, Zap strap it out of the way and save some dough for other stuff. If it gets chilli put in some diesel anti gel additive.

jrc

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
Mine shorted out somewhere around 2005 and it was unplugged until I swapped to electric fuel (with no heater at all) in 2012. I never had fuel gel even down to -17°.

Just unplug it and forget it existed. Ford hasn't added a heater to the PSD trucks since around '05.

·
PSN local
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I will leave it out for now then if it its not going to be a problem thanks guys!

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
You probably don't get winter fuel there, right? So double up on the anti-gel and you should be golden.

I can't help but wonder if these new weather phenomena are gonna prompt fuel distributors to start supplying winter blend fuel further south than they ever have before.....

·
PSN local
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm not 100 percent sure but I think we do get winter fuel in Oklahoma..but I'm sure they will market winter allot more because of this strange winter we are all having across the states

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
If you feel the need to get a new one, get the Dorman 904-210, which is the later SD-style element that should fit with no mods to the bowl. Cheers!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts