Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1997 F250, truck in sig. About a month ago I noticed the 90 degree elbow shown in attached images had come off, and so I placed it back onto its original location. Every now and then it will pop off, but when I go to place it back on it doesn't seem to "snap" or really lock into position. What exactly is it, what does it do, and how can I get it to stay on? Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
I thought that was the water in fuel sensor

·
Registered
99 Posts
That's the restricted filter/vacuum switch. It doesn't really do much unless there is one heck of a plugged filter then it will set a light. I wouldn't lose any sleep over it not staying plugged in.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Yep, that's the fuel restriction sensor. Keep an eye on that bad boy as they are known leakers. Most of us have already had a leaking sensor and chose to just plug the port with a $0.50 1/8 NPT plug instead of a $45 sensor (that will most likely leak again). If you're good about filter maintenance, you don't need it. Cheers!

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, it does leak quite a bit, thanks for the help and quick replies, I will plug it up.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Sometimes you can squeeze those barrel connectors a bit with pliers to keep them from falling off.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts