Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so for a while now i have wanted to quite down the exhaust, getting older these days i like to hear myself think from time to time and the drone is god awful to me. the exhaust i have had on it since i bought the truck has been a 4" down to 5" out the rear. it has been fun but time to change. did some reading on how to get it quite and i found FTE resonator. kinda skeptical at first due to the videos i saw i really couldn't tell the difference, but for ~$150 i couldn't complain too much.... following the advice of the owner from FTE i installed it as close to the down pipe as possible. mind you, at the same time, i am installing a stack which from what i hear makes cab drone even worse. well to make things easy i installed the resonator right to the turn up to the stack and that caused the resonator to be right under the rear of the cab (i have a crew cab). not to bad to install for it and the stack.

everything installed i am ready to test it all out. from the moment i started it i was impressed. the god awful piercing whistle is gone like a bad habit but it was still noticeable. i know my neighbors will appreciate me when i come home from work at 130am. the sound was good, i really liked it, it brought back more of the motor and kept the turbo down and to tolerable limits. i took the truck in the town and on the highway and the sound difference is stunning. i use to have to listen to my radio at 24 out of 32 on the volume and now on the highway at 75 it can be at 16 to 18 before it too loud for me.

i did not notice any changes in performance, throttle response was there at any time and the boost from the turbo was just the same. if anyone is wanting to quite down a truck, this is the way to go, if you dont want it sounding stock at idle i would recommend the 12" that FTE makes, but i cannot attest to it. i do think 30" was a little more than i was looking for. it seems a little too quite, but i think i just need to adjust to it as well. if i were to do it again on the install, i might chop it down to 20" for a little bit more noise, but i do feel as i get older, i wont mind that i left it at 30"

1 - 1 of 1 Posts