Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Banks Billet converter that I am selling. Banks says it will fit 95-03 7.3L trucks. It's brand new in the box and ready to install. I'm asking $650 + shipping, OBO. Please PM me with questions or offers.

Thanks.

·
Failure to Communicate
1,133 Posts
If those are actual pics there seems to be an issue?
I could have swore 7.3 psd's had 6 studs but I could be wrong.....do vans or 2x4's have 4?

·
AllYourBaseAreBelongToUs
13,954 Posts
Doing a little research, according to Banks that part number is indeed for a '95-'03 Powerstroke with 4 studs. Part number 72521 is for a '95-'03 Powerstroke with 6 studs.

I'm like you though. I've never seen a 4 stud one. Not sure what that'd be for.

·
I like turtles
2,604 Posts
Mine has 6. I remember having to take the damn things off.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Banks told me some trucks have 4 and some have 6. I don't know how to tell without pulling the inspection plate.

·
I like turtles
2,604 Posts
Do 2wd and 4wd have diffrent converters maybe?

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
not the vans anyways.....

·
Registered
753 Posts
maybe he went to put it in and found out it wont fit his truck LOL

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Mine's got 6 bolts.

·
Metal - It kicks your ass
3,090 Posts
Doing a little research, according to Banks that part number is indeed for a '95-'03 Powerstroke with 4 studs. Part number 72521 is for a '95-'03 Powerstroke with 6 studs.

I'm like you though. I've never seen a 4 stud one. Not sure what that'd be for.

You got the Banks p/n right, but the p/n in the pick is 72520. According to there site and catalog their TC is 6-stud. Unless the TC the OP has is older.:confused:

·
AllYourBaseAreBelongToUs
13,954 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
^^ That's what I found too. Here's another listing from Jegs:
Banks 72520

I called Banks about the converter and they told me some trucks have 4 and some have 6. If all the 4R100s have 6 studs why would Banks build and advertise this part number? I'm not saying you guys are wrong, it's just strange that a company with Banks' reputation would make such a tremendous error.

·
I like turtles
2,604 Posts
Call the real transmission guy. Brian at bts. If its out there he has seen it. I think its anothe one of banks great products that was a waste of money.

·
Failure to Communicate
1,133 Posts
I believe the gas ones were 4 studs so my guess is they just put the wrong description in there or years as the IDI 7.3's might be 4 stud in an E4.

·
AllYourBaseAreBelongToUs
13,954 Posts
If all the 4R100s have 6 studs why would Banks build and advertise this part number?
Because it's Banks mass marketing. They don't pay much attention to minor details like that. LOL

1 - 20 of 26 Posts