Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered a "brow" tint strip off ebay, 10$ and precut to my truck. Problem is I have my keyless entry antenna, rear view mirror, and the factory "super duty" logo along with that black speckled crap on the inside. I would like to put it on the outside but would it defeat the purpose of the tint? I know some tint can only go on one way or it doesnt really work. I know of a guy that had a vinyl shop computer cut him some thick black vinyl for the outside of his window to look like a brow. Anyone have any helpful ideas or info on this topic?

·
Registered
756 Posts
I just got mine done and had no problem. I think it would look kind of funny on the outside, I've never seen that done before. I was worried about it not sticking to the speckled stuff too, but so far it seems to be holding up. And wow $10? If you want a good laugh ask me what I paid for it

·
Administrator
32,949 Posts
the tint on the outside would fail ..specially in the rain ,,

the mirror and stuff come off easy ,,or let a tint guy install it for you ? I know I would

·
Registered
130 Posts
I did my tint to save a few bucks and NEVER again will I make that mistake. It just aint worth the pain in my azz to get it right. Having shoulder surgery 10 days before didnt help either. Leave it to the pros.

·
Registered
591 Posts
I want to see whose tinting over the dot matrix and superduty on the top middle. pics from outside the truck please.

ive been wanting to do a brow again but i have tint over the dot matrix so i think im going to have the film cut around that area.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
I would check out your local tint guy to do it for you, i know we only charge 45$ for the brow, we cut them around the mirror and everything.

·
Registered
591 Posts
I would check out your local tint guy to do it for you, i know we only charge 45$ for the brow, we cut them around the mirror and everything.
and the superduty portion?

·
Nose picker
426 Posts
I put my tint over the Superduty dots and never once had a problem. Know 3 others that have and they have yet to have any issues. I would buy some great quality tint because that cheap ebay stuff will fade and probably need to be replaced in a year and I'm sure scraping the adhesive off the dots will be a pain. Mine is going on 5 years and still looks good.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
and the superduty portion?
i mean you could cut the super duty part out, but its dark so im not sure you would see it so well and idk if its worth the hastle of cutting ...we did my entire windshield and i couldnt even see the superduty so i opted to leave it covered.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
I put my tint over the Superduty dots and never once had a problem. Know 3 others that have and they have yet to have any issues. I would buy some great quality tint because that cheap ebay stuff will fade and probably need to be replaced in a year and I'm sure scraping the adhesive off the dots will be a pain. Mine is going on 5 years and still looks good.
agreed....havent had one customer come back with issues...bubbling or pealing

·
Registered
591 Posts
i mean you could cut the super duty part out, but its dark so im not sure you would see it so well and idk if its worth the hastle of cutting ...we did my entire windshield and i couldnt even see the superduty so i opted to leave it covered.
lets see it from the outside. im not concerned how it looks inside but what i dont like is how you can see where its not sticking to the glass properly with the dot matrix.

not worried at all about sticking as they do fine just dont like this look

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ive tinted all my windows myself, and yes I know how cheap tint can affect your outcome, and how it can fade. I got the thicker tint and its a great quality. I chose pre cut cause I always fudge up some part of cutting the tint. My old boss said he uses clear elmers school glue for the tint strip... Im like what? I am not gluing my tint on... Now that I know it will work, ill try it myself, if not ill have someone else do it. Problem is im 2+ hours away from a tint shop, professional tint shop that is. Thanks guys!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Lots of people (pro's) who do the rear hatch on Vettes use elmers glue on the dot matrix, pretty much impossible otherwise to have no air...Guy who did mine didnt use any glue....He did do it in one piece though.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Where mine goes over the dots, on the inside it looks normal but from the outside its like the tint isn't there. It stops where the dots are, then continues on the other side of them if you know what I mean. Anyone know why mine looks like this?

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
I can tint windows pretty well but for the $20 the local tint guy charged me for the windshield tint, I just let him do it. I buy the tint used for housing windows. Works great. Use the outside of your window as your template, clean the inside with windex, use a 50/50 soap/water mix and spray the window and tint. Apply the tint, line up, squeege, then go over it with a heat gun. Same method applies for stickers or decals that you'd want to apply to your windows.

you can see the strip in these pics from the inside...

·
Registered
164 Posts
On mine I dont have the super duty but i just went to a local decal shop and got black vinyl
for my strip.

·
Administrator
32,949 Posts
just had mine done ,, I wish I would have had the center terminate just under the mirror
mount

mine looks just like One2Nine's it ends just below the dots in the center and an inch below the legal indicators on the sides .

My guy was $30 I gave him 40 and he had it done in 15 minutes tops ,, no heat gun or anything ,, mobile service ,,they use the outside glass for a template and your approval

then slap it in ,,I have the superduty logo and the tint had no issues

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I tried to do it myself inside, didnt work out too well. When I have more time Ill have to pull my remote start off and my mirror and do it, for now its on the outside and has held up great, as long as I keep the pressure washer away from it... whoops.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts