Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody run traction bars on the front? Any pictures of set ups? Was wondering if they are needed or not?

·
2010 BOB Points Runner up
2,300 Posts
Unlimited has them on their pulling truck

-Michael

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just thought I would check. Didn't know if anybody was running them or not. Guess I'll just spend some time making the drive line hoops and U-joint shields.

·
HRT Performance
4,565 Posts
I've seen several trucks with traction bars on the front - they do help if you have enough axle movement to warrant installing them. That amount of axle movement depends on the rest of the setup and the power level you are at. If i still had the red truck it would have front traction bars on it.

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok, thank you very much. I will have to look at what it'll take to build a set.
So you think that I could leave them onfor daily driving or is it something that would interfere with the steering geometry? Should they also be built to follow the front driveline angle?

·
HRT Performance
4,565 Posts
Ok, thank you very much. I will have to look at what it'll take to build a set.
So you think that I could leave them onfor daily driving or is it something that would interfere with the steering geometry? Should they also be built to follow the front driveline angle?
The should be built to allow for full articulation of the front axle. If you limit the articulation at all your hurting yourself on the front of a pulling truck. If you build them so there is no binding, you will find that they won't have any effect on your steering and can be left on for street use with no issues.

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks, that is the way that I built the rear bars. There is not interference with the suspension travel. I will do the same on the front. But I guess I could just pull them off so that they aren't always on there except for pulling and maybe a couple of runs down the track this year...

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm going to work on some. Just need to be functional and quiet. I drive the truck about 20k plus miles a year.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
I got some mighty big ones on the BAMF now ill try getting some pics this weekend!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts