Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a 96 CCLB 4X4 and the front sway bar rubs on the track bar, and makes a horrific noise when ever the front end has any kind of articulation put on it. Tomorrow I am going to remove it and see how the truck handles, any input on this would be appreciated.:confused:

·
PSN Lurker
47 Posts
I have been running with-out for about 2 years. I haven't noticed any issues. I have a tad bit more body roll, but nothing extreme.

·
STILL LEARNING
18,331 Posts
I recently bought a 96 CCLB 4X4 and the front sway bar rubs on the track bar, and makes a horrific noise when ever the front end has any kind of articulation put on it. Tomorrow I am going to remove it and see how the truck handles, any input on this would be appreciated.:confused:
What kind of lift do you have?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No lift the truck is 100% stock, as far as I know, with the exception of the front sway bar, it just doesn't look like it fits the truck. The sway bar itself extends past the leaf springs and curls back in to attach to the rods that come off the frame.

·
STILL LEARNING
18,331 Posts
Then something is bent. Your description is of the stock sway bar.
Pics?

·
OEM Moderator
9,381 Posts
I agree on something is out of whack.

·
Registered
246 Posts
sway bars are not needed in my opinion but thats just me.I would take them off

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I pulled it off the truck and things seem to function smoother in the front end, a little bouncier goin down the road, but I don't mind it. Once I get the rest of the truck in good working order maybe I'll readdress this, but for now I'll use the sway bar for for wall art.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts