Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Project Shamu
2,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys, I've talked to a couple of people about this, but I want some more info, especially if someone has actually done it themselves.

So I'm installing a 2008 front axle into Shamu, and I am very close to going through with it after collecting so many parts etc. I want to get the front axle powder coated, but that involves removing the bushings that are pressed into the housing. These are the bushings that the radius arm bolts to, NOT the bushing that is pressed into the rear of the radius arm itself.

I'm having a hard time finding the part number for the replacement bushing for one. The only one that I can find is for the 05-07 axle (5C3Z-3B203-BA) (which I don't know if they are the same, or what).

Two, how do these even come out? I can't see how to get a press tool in there to remove them. I guess I can melt/cut them out, but I'd rather do it right, plus I still have to get the new ones in.

So, any info from you guys?

·
Project Shamu
2,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
No one?

EDIT: I just called my ford dealer and they said the part number 5C3Z-3B203-BA should carry over up to 2010. Which is nice. Now its just a matter of getting them out and back in.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
No love from YouTube?

·
Registered
147 Posts
I dont know what the setup looks like on your axle but I had an xj many years ago and I used a ball joint press to remove the bushings on those radius arms. They were rubber and it destroyed them tho.

·
Project Shamu
2,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They are kind of similar, but 2 bushings are pretty close to the housing, making it a pretty specialized tool that is needed to press them in/out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts