Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to be getting new front leaf springs thanks to pro comp and their horrible build quality. The curve on the springs lasted about 7,000 miles. Im looking at either getting Icon or Superlift leafs. The lift is 4in. Any other good brands that I should look into or is anybody running these leafs. Want leafs that ride good (yes I know its a sa and they don't ride like cadillac) but want a decent ride also that can flex a little, but don't sag.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I'm still running my stock springs up front with a kit from Maxxlift that has the long helper spring to straighten out the factory springs. That kit is supposed to be right at 3" but I added a 1/2" piece of flat bar on the bottom on the stack and could add another if I wanted. They are all bolted together so I feel this is a safe way to lift the front end. Keep in mind the springs I used were the originals that were pulled off the truck in the first week when it was brand new (by the original owner that I've known since he bought it new) then sent to 4 Wheel Parts for the pos Procomp 6" lift they sold him. My brother owned it after him and when I got it after a year I got tired of the back breaking ride. What I have now rides much better than a full spring lift but is still nothing like stock with that long helper under the factory stuff. This is what it looks like with 35" BFG's.

Picture0113141448_1 (1).jpg

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When I did my lift I sold my front spring when I should've kept them they were in good shape. That is an interesting set up you have. If I still had the stock leafs I would do a 4.5in hanger kit.

·
Registered
472 Posts
I've got a set of 4" Pro Comp springs with more miles than that I've been running for about two years, and they are holding up great. Got them at 4 Wheel Parts too.... The leafs are tapered, and have anti-friction pads, are keeping me up good, and flex great on the trail. Hope this isn't a trend.

So far, so good.

One thing I thought was weird, the driver side pack is rusting way more than the passenger side. Gonna have to repaint them come summer.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't know. I got mine from the local suspension shop. Even the ones he put on this truck which is the same truck did it. He said it normal. I don't believe this is normal.

Attachments

·
Registered
254 Posts
Did you get gasser springs by mistake?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No looked up the part number on them and they go to diesel springs. Unless they stamped the wrong part number on them.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Hope mine stay good... I'll go with Deaver if I ever need new again. Always hearing great things about them.

Don't skimp on shocks. I'm sure my Fox Racing 2.0s are a huge reason mine rides so nice.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Two of the original Procomps on mine started sagging after 6 years and they were replaced (back when my brother owned it). But I will say the 6" Procomps will tote a load without a problem...3800 lbs of concrete on a pallet... GetAttachment (1).jpg

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think I'm going to get the superlift leafs because they seem to be strong and are much cheaper than icons

1 - 11 of 11 Posts