Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The leaf spring bushings have worn out on my stock springs on my 03 f250. So I have been looking to get new ones and saw the x code will level the truck out. I found them online but saw there's two numbers 43-818 which is a two leaf pack 43-818hd which is a three leaf pack. Which of these will I need to level the truck out? Also any suggestions on where to order from? Possibly a vendor on the site?

Thanks
Daniel

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
287 Posts
how can u tell if the bushings are crap?? when i hit big enough bumps, i will get a noise from the suspension. dont know where to look tho

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah I thought about just doing the bushings. How much of a pain are they to do?saw someone say they burnt them out I guess just by burning the rubber. Others say say press. I have access to both just wasn't sure if it was worth the headache

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I can hear it and also feel it in my floor boards and every now and again on the highway if I hit a bump the truck will get a little squirrelly. I put some jack stand under the frame and got the weight off the front end then used a pry bar to check the bushings. Had some play and looked real dry rotted.

·
Administrator
32,966 Posts
I use a torch (small plumbing ) they shoot out when the rubber lights up then just get some urathane 2 peice ones that go in easy

1 - 7 of 7 Posts