Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I built new front shackles to give my truck a nice leveled look. It took me a while to get the stock ones off and when putting the new ones on the springs didn't line up. I need to move both sides about 1" anybody know what to do

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't have pics. The shackles aren't lining up with the springs. So from where the shackles meet the frame is all straight but springs seem tweaked to one side. It almost seems like the axle is twisted but I can't get it to turn. I never disconnected the hangers. So I dont know if the hangers need to be loosened or what. Hopefully that helps

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
Is this a TTB Dana 50 front axle?

If you didn't loosen the ubolts where the axle bolts to the springs you need to. Everything needs to be loose and all bolts installed before tightening anything.

Not sure what you did with the shackes, but if you made them longer you probably hurt steering caster, which helps avoid wandering and assists the return to center after you turn a corner.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The caster didn't change but it made a smoother ride. I checked alignment before and after. It changed by .02 but towards the driver side and out here in California the roads are really crowned so it drive like a champ

·
Registered
965 Posts
I'm not sure just what isn't aligning but when I replaced my D50 bushings with polyurethane everything was a wrestling match. I never loosened the U bolts. Started with the rear spring bushings, then the pivot bushings, then the front mini dog bone shackle thingy. A crow bar and a ratchet strap where my friends.

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
Bolt the springs to the hangers first then to the axle.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.