Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone ever have luck with those door hinge repair kits from the auto parts stores? They seem to fail on my most of the time. Who has bought replacement hinges with good luck? Where is a good place to buy them?

·
Registered
600 Posts
I cut the old pin out with a Dremel, then install the new ones. No issues at all.

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
I cut the old pin out with a Dremel, then install the new ones. No issues at all.
^^^^^ What Diabolic1 said and I have used a floor jack with some wood blocking to hold the door up,while it’s wide open, typically do one hinge at a time.
j

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Did the repair last? I might have put the bushings in wrong. Still have sag

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
How was the condition of the of the hinge holes where the bushings go? Were they ovaled or worn? I also used the hinge pin/bushing kits with success on my 94. Cheers!

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll have to check it out and give it another shot. I might have put the bushings in the wrong spots.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I went out and looked at it. The driver door lower hinge has play. It's not the side of the hinge that attaches to the truck with the bushing. It seems to be the side of the hinge that attaches to the door and doesnt get a bushing. The hole in it has play around the pin. I also put the lower bushing in wrong but I don't think correcting it will fix my problem

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts