Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
today while i was driving in 4wd on a snowy and icey road my front differential seized up. i tore it apart and learned the pinion and the carrier gear froze up. is there any cheap rebuild kits out there, that are halfway decent. this is on a 96 f250 with an f350 solid front axel i believe from the same year.

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
What do you mean they froze up?

Are the ring and pinion gears damaged? Any parts in the bottom of the diff?

I hope you marked the bearing caps so that they go back on exactly as they came apart.

There are master rebuild kits which are bearings and seals, but if you need other parts like gears, carriers, spiders or side gears, etc. they are not included.

More details are needed to give you any decent information.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
got it all back together about a week ago, I was driving through snow yesterday and snapped the driverside axle. today I learned they are discontinued. is there any website I can get one off of. if not I have another passenger side axle that I can get cut down and resplined.

·
Powerstroke n00b
448 Posts
sounds like you might have different gearing between front and rear if its breaking hard components like that.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
there both 4.10s thats the first thing i checked when i did the rebuild. all i know is if it broke it needed replaced anyway

1 - 7 of 7 Posts