Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have a 2003 6.0 I just recently changed upper and lower ball joints and outer seals. I got the driver side done no problem when I went to put the passenger side back together the front axle shaft will not go in all the way I cannot get it to go in. When I shine a light down there I can see something is blocking. Being that I needed to change the front differential fluids anyways I took off the front diff cover, once I got it off I can see there is the remnants of what looks like a seal of some sort a metal ring that was covered with rubber. Maybe a seal idk The rubber has came off of the metal ring however and I was able to fish out both pieces. I pulled out the middle ring from the axle shaft and the rubber was behind the diff cover. What may it be and how do I fix it I've tried everything I know how to do and I'm at a loss at this point. I don't have really have the money to take it to a shop please help...I need my truck...l of

·
Registered
118 Posts
It was likely your inner axle oil seal. On my 2006, the passenger side requires careful install because of length to center shaft to inner seal. I have not had to replace an inner seal on the passenger side but likely have to remove carrier unit and install from that area to seat inner axle oil seal. Do some searches and likely find someone who has a diy thread...

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
5,271 Posts
Hello, I have a 2003 6.0 I just recently changed upper and lower ball joints and outer seals. I got the driver side done no problem when I went to put the passenger side back together the front axle shaft will not go in all the way I cannot get it to go in. When I shine a light down there I can see something is blocking. Being that I needed to change the front differential fluids anyways I took off the front diff cover, once I got it off I can see there is the remnants of what looks like a seal of some sort a metal ring that was covered with rubber. Maybe a seal idk The rubber has came off of the metal ring however and I was able to fish out both pieces. I pulled out the middle ring from the axle shaft and the rubber was behind the diff cover. What may it be and how do I fix it I've tried everything I know how to do and I'm at a loss at this point. I don't have really have the money to take it to a shop please help...I need my truck...l of
you need to be patient. The length requires getting it in a perfect position for it to slide in.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts