Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Bill
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does any body have a set of air bags in the front on a 4x4 super duty? If you Do, I would like to see some pictures of the mounts.

what Im trying to do is remove the 1 1/2 leveling kit (add a Leaf) and lower the front. put 2 in blocks in the rear. I want one air bag per corner. This way I can adjust ride hight by about two inches. I know they ride harder the more air you run. but hight for me is just for looks any way.

Before the leveling kit I could always get 18 mpg on the highway. Havent seen that since. I got a set of bags off of ebay I just need to see what the mounts look like So I can build them.

·
Registered
579 Posts
I would think the mounts for the bottom of the bags sit on top of the axle like the rear so those should be easy to do... Not sure how to do the top... youve already bought the airbags... but i know firestone makes a set that install inside the coils... on trucks with a coil suspension... and they also have a set that are built into a set of shocks... both those would have been decent options if you still needed to buy
shock airbags

·
Bill
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Custom Trailer Sales
6,161 Posts
I would imagine it can be done in the front the same as it is in the rear

·
Bill
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
just a littel diffrent. I cant go directly over the axle unless you relocate the shock.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
On the front axle the air bag sits behind the axle directly on top of the leaf spring. it has a mount that comes off of the outside of the frame at the top. you have to be careful what wheels you have because if the backspacing is wrong the tire will rub the air bag...... this is from a firestone kit

·
Bill
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks for the pictures. it gives me a diffrent take on it. looks diffrent than the mounts I found from firestone. I like the idea of having them directly under the frame instead of off to the side. I have heard of the ones that mount to the side of the frame craking the frame.

·
Bill
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
On the front axle the air bag sits behind the axle directly on top of the leaf spring. it has a mount that comes off of the outside of the frame at the top. you have to be careful what wheels you have because if the backspacing is wrong the tire will rub the air bag...... this is from a firestone kit
for now I have the stock wheels and tires on. Im tired of getting 13 to 16 mpg. That was with 305/70r16. So i figure by getting rid of the leveling add a leaf and installing 2 in blocks in the rear instead of the 4 that are their. I should reclaim some milage with the factory sized tires. I just want the air bags to make it set where I want when Im tired of the lowered truck. I guess the 315's I have will be lonely in the garage for awhile.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts