Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
"Strokin"
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my stock leafs are starting to sag pretty bad and with the ttb its making my tires wear uneven. / \ <------- what my front tires look like lol. What I was wondering is my cousin has a 97 f250 diesel that got totaled from the rear. Could I just take a leaf out of the front of that truck and put it on mine instead of buying add a leafs for $150 bucks? Thanks for all the help, Justin

·
Registered
290 Posts
i dont think so. the stock front leafs are already military wrapped, and just putting another on would be too long.

i got the F46D skyjackers add a leafs. worth every penny. truck rides great, and it leveled out nicely. now im going dana 60 and i can still reuse that add a leaf

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
Do you mean stack on your's or replace your's totally?? Suggest if you intend on keeping your truck start looking for a F350 Dana 60 and SD springs and an RSK and.....and...hahaaa probably on your Toooo much to type list anyways...

jrc

·
Building Farmboy Monster
139 Posts
you can build drop brackets for the rear mount. I did that out of some old shackles from my super duty for my 95obs, dropped 2in and raised my front lil bit more than an inch, only reason i did was i put 35'' on and they rubbed a tinny bit , but not now, i can post some pics if you want.

·
"Strokin"
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the reply's guys. Yeah I just meant stacking one leaf on top of my 2 existing leafs, but that sounds like it wont work from what im hearing. lol yeah I am planning on doing a D60 swap in the summer I just wanted something to get me buy. My cousin also has a D60 axle that im going to buy off him.! Only 95k on it, it looks brand spanking new!:D:D

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
i dont think so. the stock front leafs are already military wrapped, and just putting another on would be too long.

i got the F46D skyjackers add a leafs. worth every penny. truck rides great, and it leveled out nicely. now im going dana 60 and i can still reuse that add a leaf
Got any pics?

·
Registered
82 Posts
you can build drop brackets for the rear mount. I did that out of some old shackles from my super duty for my 95obs, dropped 2in and raised my front lil bit more than an inch, only reason i did was i put 35'' on and they rubbed a tinny bit , but not now, i can post some pics if you want.
got any pics of that? im lookin to get a boost before i get some new tires this summer.

·
Building Farmboy Monster
139 Posts
cant do blocks in the front, the brackets i made were for the rear front spring mount. Ya spanky i will try to get pics up soon

·
"Strokin"
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Has anyone ever used the tough country add-a-leafs? I was looking at those and they have a decient price...

·
Registered
89 Posts
Don't do it. Will ride like crap.

·
"Strokin"
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Is it just the tough county add a leafs? I know its gonna ride more rough but I really dont care that much, but if there is brands that ride better I would definatly rather go with that brand....;)

·
Registered
702 Posts
Can you just add f350 leafs and be ahead? is there enough adjustment in the suspension to not wear tires too bad?

·
Registered
290 Posts
the tires will wear like garbage with a D50. i did the D60 swap, and Im very happy with stright camber and toe angles now.

i currently have the F250 leafs with a add a leaf with the dana 60 axle up front. it is the absolute roughest combo you can put on the truck. it rides very very firm to say the least. feels VERY heavy duty, and the front end sits nice and level. I have a pair of F350 leafs for the front that im gonna throw the adda leafs under to get more front lift.

this is the current stance

1 - 18 of 18 Posts