Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have found a few posts on this topic, but I am not sure if this is limited to the 05 to 07 years.

I am looking to swap the axle and the coils and suspension from the a wide track truck into a 99 F550. I was looking at 05 to 07 trucks for parts, but I was wondering if the 08-10 setup would also work.

Does anyone know if the frame sections where the suspension mounts are the same and will work or did they make changes on the 08+ frame that would prevent it from working?

If anyone has advice on this swap I would appreciate any info.

Thanks!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm doing this same swap on a 2WD 99. It's already got coils, but the buckets aren't the same, so I'm pretty well in your boat.

I'm not sure about the 08+ setup. I'd just go find some 08+ trucks, and take a ton of pictures, to start. You can also look at the interchange number for different parts to get an idea what swaps.

If you have questions about the 05-07 swap, let me know. I've asked a couple questions, and it's been crickets.

http://powerstrokenation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21506

·
Administrator
33,162 Posts
the frames should be the same the axles on the non widetrack will swap between those years all day long
someone did a full write up with the fenders and all i just cant remember what he had started with before he went wide track?

I like the concept

1 - 3 of 3 Posts